Research associate of the
Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Université de Liège, Belgium
Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
1. Lichens and lichenicolous fungi from Belgium, Luxembourg and northern France.
2. Taxonomy of lichenicolous fungi, especially of Helotiales and heterobasidiomycetes.
3. Phylogeny and taxonomy of lichenicolous sclerotial and bulbilliferous basidiomycetes.
4. Checklist of lichenicolous fungi on foliicolous lichens.
5. Phylogeny and taxonomy of Roccellaceae.
6. Taxonomy of lichenicolous Taeniolella.
2004. Edward Tuckerman Award. For the best paper in lichenology published in The Bryologist during 2003. Awarded by the American Bryological and Lichenological Society.
1991. Van Rompaey Award. For the best paper in botany in Belgium and Luxembourg during the past two years. Awarded by the National Botanic Garden of Belgium.
1979. 11th European Philips Contest for Young Scientists and Inventors, Oslo, Sweden. Certificate of Distinction.