1. Lichens and lichenicolous fungi from Belgium, Luxembourg and northern France: checklist, floristic database, atlas of distribution maps, and macrolichen flora.
With Damien Ertz (Brussels, Belgium), Emmanuël Sérusiaux (Liège, Belgium) and others.
2. Taxonomy of and phylogeny of lichenicolous fungi.
With James Lawrey (Fairfax, Virginia, U.S.A.), Damien Ertz (Brussels, Belgium) and others.
3. Phylogeny and taxonomy of lichenicolous heterobasidiomycetes.
With Mats Wedin (Stockholm, Sweden) and Ana Millanes (Madrid, Spain).
4. Phylogeny and taxonomy of lichenicolous sclerotial and bulbilliferous homobasidiomycetes.
With James Lawrey (Fairfax, Virginia, U.S.A.) and others.
5. Phylogeny and taxonomy of lichenicolous Helotiales.
With Ave Suija (Tartu, Estonia) and others.
Collaboration with the following projects:
1. AFTOL: Assembling the Fungal Tree of Life. http://aftol.org/
2. Taxonomy of lichenicolous Taeniolella species, by Uwe Braun and Bettina Heuchert (Halle, Germany).
3. Checklist of lichenicolous fungi on foliicolous lichens.
With Robert Lücking (Chicago, U.S.A.) and Javier Etayo (Pamplona, Spain).
http://www.lichenology.info/pdf/Lichenicolous on Foliicolous.html
Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
Licence en Mathématiques, 1979-83
Université de Liège, Belgium
Studies in Computer Science, 1986-87
Université Catholique de Louvain, Belgium
PhD Sciences/Botany, 1989
1983- Teacher in Mathematics. Ecole de Commerce et de Gestion, Luxembourg.
1989-2008 Research associate. National Natural History Museum, Luxembourg.
2004. Edward Tuckerman Award. For the best paper in lichenology published in The Bryologist during 2003. Awarded by the American Bryological and Lichenological Society.
1991. Van Rompaey Award. For the best paper in botany in Belgium and Luxembourg during the past two years. Awarded by the National Botanic Garden of Belgium.
1979. 11th European Philips Contest for Young Scientists and Inventors, Oslo, Norway. Certificate of Distinction.